I. So sánh nhất trong tiếng anh
II. Least được dùng như "adj" trong so sánh nhất
1. Mang nghĩa "tối thiểu, nhỏ nhất, ít nhất, kém nhất"
=less than anything or anyone else; the smallest amount or number/You use the least to mean a smaller amount than anyone or anything else, or the smallest amount possible.
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- He's the best teacher even though he has the least experience (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: anh ấy là giáo viên giỏi nhất dù anh ấy ít kinh nghiệm nhất)
- The least worry we have is about the weather (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: thời tiết là điều chúng tôi ít lo lắng nhất)
- If you had the least thought for others , you would not have spoken out in that way (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: nếu ông chỉ nghĩ đến người khác một chút thôi, ông đã không nói như vậy)
- I try to offend the least amount of people possible.
- If you like cheese, go for the ones with the least fat.
- There is not the least wind today (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: hôm nay không có một tí gió nào)
- This group is the least likely of the four to win.
2. Mang nghĩa"rất nhỏ, gần như không có(nhấn mạnh)"
=You use the least to emphasize the smallness of something, especially when it hardly exists at all
- I don't have the least idea of what you're talking about.
- They neglect their duty at the least hint of fun elsewhere.
- The bosses paid less than they had promised and at the least complaint went to the police.
3. Mang nghĩa"cái ít nhất"
=You use least in structures where you are emphasizing that a particular situation or event is much less important or serious than other possible or actual ones.
- Having to get up at three o'clock every morning was the least of her worries.
- Although three days isn't very long, shortage of time was the least of his problems.
- At that moment, they were among the least of the concerns of the government.