- Cause và Prompt gần giống nhau đều mang nghĩa thúc đẩy ai đó làm gì
- Cause sb to do sth
- Prompt sb to do sth
- Cause thường mang nghĩa tiêu cực
1. CÁCH DÙNG CAUSE TRONG TIẾNG ANH
to make something happen, especially something bad
Xét ví dụ:
- The difficult driving conditions caused several accidents.
- [ + obj + to infinitive ] The bright light caused her to blink.
- Most heart attacks are caused by blood clots.
- [ + two objects ] I hope the children haven't caused you too much trouble.
2. CÁCH DÙNG PROMPT TRONG TIẾNG ANH
to make something happen
- The bishop's speech has prompted an angry response from both political parties.
- Recent worries over the president's health have prompted speculation over his political future.
- A description of the man prompted hundreds of calls after its release on Tuesday.
- The prime minister's speech prompted speculation that an election will be held later in the year.
- His comments prompted me to find out more about the situation.
- I just can't understand what prompted him to do something so drastic.
- Without being prompted, the little boy shut his eyes, prayed silently, and began to eat..