- REMAIN: giữ lại trạng thái hiện tại, hoặc vị trí hiện tại
- RETAIN = keep (giữ lấy)
1. CÁCH DÙNG REMAIN TRONG TIẾNG ANH
- to stay in the same place or in the same condition
- Remain + adj còn Retain thì không
- The doctor ordered him to remain in bed for a few days.
- Most commentators expect the basic rate of tax to remain at 25 percent. [ + to infinitive ]
- A great many things remain to be done (= have not yet been done).
- He remained silent.
- It remains a secret.
- The bank will remain open while renovations are carried out.
2. CÁCH DÙNG RETAIN TRONG TIẾNG ANH
to keep or continue to have something (giữ lấy)
- She has lost her battle to retain control of the company.
- He managed to retain his dignity throughout the performance.
- She succeeded in retaining her lead in the second half of the race.
- I have a good memory and am able to retain (= remember) facts easily.